This page is meant to be a resource for karateka. The links included have come from different sources, but have been approved by Kyoshi Baker as being appropriate and instructive for the individual development of our students.
Goju Ryu Karate-Do
- Interview with Hanshi-Sei Richard Bernard on Whistlekick Martial Arts Radio.
- Interview with Hanshi Ron Martin on Whistlekick Martial Arts Radio.
- Interview with Chuck Merriman by Vince Morris.
- Interview with Morio Higaonna. Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3 – Part 4
- 75 Years Young – Master Morio Higaonna (Tribute)
- WKF World Karate Championships 2012 – Female Team Kata – Japan (Kata Kururunfa)
- Goju Ryu Karate facebook page – Historical Outline of Karate-Do, Martial Arts of Ryukyu by Chojun Miyagi
- Top 10 Karate Concepts Every Martial Artist Should Know (Black Belt Magazine)
- Interview with Hanshi Bill Hayes.
- Part 1 – Beginnings and Eizo Shimabukuro
- Part 2 – Martial Journey, Influences, and Korean Encounters
- Part 3 – Okinawa, Tournaments, MCMAP
- Part 4 – Broken Kata and Bunkai
- Part 5 – Hinkaku (Special Dignity) and Nature
- Part 6 – Wellness and Longevity
- Part 7 – Hojo Undo (Body Conditioning) and Karate’s Future
- Hasegawa Yukimitsu – “This is really remarkable. I appeal to the receivers of this e-mail to take the 12 minutes and the 14 minutes, to watch each video of an outstanding technician and an even better teacher, in spite of the language barrier. His work with Tai Sabaki (body management) and how to use your hips to get the maximum force from your frame, is nothing short of remarkable. I was very fortunate to have such a teacher….Chuck Merriman Hanshi. If you are a teacher, you should not pass up watching these two videos. Enjoy, Ron Martin.”